Skip to main content

Page numbers in two different types of the same novel

I'm reading Jane Eyre in class and we have to do questions. However, there are page numbers in the questions that relate to a different copy of the novel that I have. I was wondering if I could create a formula to translate the page number in the questions to the page number in my book.

Here are the page numbers of the chapters from both books here is a table of the numbers i used

I tried to do this with a simultaneous linear equation and ended up with the formula 5/6x + 31.5

this worked with the first 2 chapters as you can see with the screenshot but after that, the number got further away.

Can someone help me to make a formula? thanks for all your help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?