Skip to main content

Geometry: Height of a part volume in a cone

Picture of cone

Hi, I know this is high school math but i feel kinda stupid right now so I am asking it here:

Given is a truncated cone (upside down if relevant). Given is the volume as well as the upper and lower radius.

Now the cone got filled with a given volume. How do i determine the height of the filled liquid?

As you see in the picture, there is a cone (not a triangle). Given is r1w, r2w, and VW and VA

With that at least I am able to calculate everything else, but not hA. Can someone of you please help me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?