Skip to main content

[Community Question] Statistics: Find skewed standard distribution given the mean and bounds for the other values

One of our user asked:

I am working on a project but need to find a skewed standard distribution, and we can't figure out how.

We have two variables: $p$, which is a probability and $PV$ which is an integer variable between 0 and 10 There are two demands that need to be meeted:

  1. The mean must lay at $PV \cdot p$
  2. The values with non-zero probability must lay between 0 and PV.

Is it possible to accomplish this? And how? (If somebody has a tip how to implement it in Python, let me know)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?