Skip to main content

[Community Question] Algebra-Precalculus: Simple and short true-false tasks regarding Precalculus

One of our user asked:

Here are few of the questions from the previous years' exams. I've chosen the ones I'm not sure about. It's a simple TRUE/FALSE task. Would anyone be able to verify my solution? Some of my answers are good, some are just random guess according to my intuition. I don't really need a detailed explanation... Thanks!

  1. Domain of $f'$ is contained within domain of $f$. - TRUE
  2. Boundary point of set A is also a cluster point of that set. - TRUE
  3. Every increasing sequence and bounded above is convergent. - TRUE
  4. Every increasing sequence and bounded below is convergent. - FALSE
  5. Every increasing sequence is always bounded below. - TRUE
  6. Every sequence is discontinuous function. - FALSE
  7. Every sequence is continuous function. - TRUE
  8. Every function integrable on $<a, b>$ is continuous on $<a, b>$. - FALSE
  9. Function $f(x) = \ln{|x|}$ is discontinuous at $0$. - TRUE
  10. The continuity is necessary for differentiability. - TRUE
  11. Function $f(x) = \frac{x}{|x|}$ is monotonic. - FALSE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?