Skip to main content

[Community Question] Calculus: If $g(x)$ be the inverse of $f(x)$ then prove that $2g''=3g^2$

One of our user asked:

Let $$f(x)=\int_0^x\frac{dt}{\sqrt{1+t^3}}$$ Prove that $$2g''=3g^2$$ given $g(x)$ is inverse of $f(x)$.

I tried of applying Newton-Leibnitz both sides but could not succeed as the variable is $x$ on the left and $t$ on the right.

How to do this?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?