Skip to main content

[Community Question] Geometry: Find the radius of the circle drawn inside the triangle.

One of our user asked:

enter image description here

Let, the point $K$ is the radius of the circle drawn inside the triangle.

$\angle ABC=90°$

$AE=4$ and $CF=12$

The problem is, to find the radius of the circle drawn inside the triangle.

My attempt.

The formula for $r$, we have

$r=\frac{2A}{a+b+c}$, where $A$, is area of Triangle. So, I need, $a,b,c$. It is obvious, $c=\sqrt{a^2+b^2}$. Then, I need $AB$ and $BC$. Or, I must know what are $BE$ and $BF$. I 'm stuck..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?