Skip to main content

[Community Question] Calculus: Convergence of $\int_0^{+\infty}\frac{\ln(x^{3\over2})|\ln^{\alpha-{2\over3}}(x+x^2)|}{(x^{1\over3+1})^2x^{\alpha}}$

One of our user asked:

Firstly,if I evaluate behavior of function at $+\infty$: $$f(x)\sim\frac{\ln(x^{3\over2})|\ln^{\alpha-{2\over3}}(x^2)|}{x^{\alpha+{2\over3}}}$$ And I know that it is convergent when $\alpha+{2\over3}\gt1\implies\alpha\gt{1\over3}$.
As for $x\to0^+$ $f(x)\sim\frac{|\ln^{\alpha-{2\over3}}(x)|}{x^\alpha}$ and I know that when $\alpha={2\over3}$ we have ${1\over x^{2\over3}}$,which is convergent because ${2\over3}\lt1$.And I observe that $\forall\alpha\leq0$ limit of the quotient equals $0$ and $\forall\alpha\gt0$ to $\infty$.But I am not sure what it gives me and I can't think of any "standart conditions" I can use,like I did before in this problem.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution: But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?