Skip to main content

Calculus: A difficulty in understanding a step in a solution.

Here is the solution:

enter image description here

But I could not understand how the last term in the fourth line came from the line before it, could anyone explain this for me please?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Community Question] Linear-algebra: non-negative matrix satisfying two conditions

One of our user asked: A real matrix $B$ is called non-negative if every entry is non-negative. We will denote this by $B\ge 0$ . I want to find a non-negative matrix $B$ satisfying the following two conditions: (1) $(I-B)^{-1}$ exists but not non-negative. Here $I$ is the identity matrix. (2) There is a non-zero and non-negative vector $\vec{d}$ such that $(I-B)^{-1}\vec{d}\ge 0$ . I tried all the $2\times 2$ matrices, but it did not work. I conjecture that such a $B$ does not exist, but don't know how to prove it.

[Community Question] Calculus: calculating 2 constants in a function

One of our user asked: $$M=\{f\in C[0,2\pi],\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sinxdx=\pi,\int_{0}^{2\pi}f(x)sin2xdx=2\pi\} $$ $a,b\in \mathbb R, g\in M, g(x)=asinx+bsin2x,x\in [0,2\pi]$ I've read on the answers that $a=1,b=2$ and I don't know how to calculate them. Can somebody explain me,please? By the way, the problem is to determine $ \int_{0}^{2\pi}(g(x))^2 dx$ so you have to first get the constants $a$ and $b$ .